Wednesday 31 December 2008

Goodbye, 2008!

It's the last day of 2008 and thus the ideal moment to look back and look ahead.

It's been an incridible year and a huge turning point for me. I got to know so many new people and friends which led to all kinds of fascinating situations. Some people disappointed me, but most of them were truly amazing. I started writing for the music websites Digg* and Indiestyle, something I've always wanted to do. I had the time of my life at superb festivals, gigs and parties. I made lovely travels to London, Paris, Amsterdam and Lisbon. Really, there's no way I would like to have skipped this year. Let's hope 2009 will be as interesting and satisfying.

I started 2008 with one single resolution: "no resolutions this year". It turned out quite well - no disappointment and all, you know. On the other hand, I reckon it's a bit too easy. That's why I decided to pick up the resolutions tradition again for the upcoming year. Here's my list:

- make something better of my badminton serve
- learn to think (twice) before acting
- figure out what I really want and don't want
- more travelling
- show the important people that I love them
- put all my effort in what I love doing so I can make something out of it
- discover more great music
- write a proper Bachelor paper and finish my Bachelor grade
- try not to hurt people

Have you, my dear readers, made any resolutions?

3 comments:

  1. Spreading the Perv way of life? :p
    No seriously.
    -Eating a bit more healthy, the way I eat kinda sucks big time
    -Spending more time on what I want, and less time on what other people want me to do. I know this sounds kinda selfish, but I spend to much time on helping people and doing this for them, who in the end turned out to totally not care about it.
    -Run a marathon and do a (half and quarter) triathlon. I'm already working on that, but want to do them this year.
    -Get a girlfriend. Oh no, I should set reasonable goals, darn :p

    On your resolution
    - figure out what I really want and don't want
    I have spent the last five years trying to figure out what I want, and I still don't know it :)

    Happy newyear girl, have fun tonight ;)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thijs - Good luck with the resolutions! Happy NY, hope you had a good night! (and on my resolution: the chances that I actually will be able to figure that are, aren't exactly huge but one can hope and try, right?)

    Bart - Thanks, you too!

    xx

    ReplyDelete