Tuesday 30 December 2008

2008 Lists: gigs top 10 and favourite songs

These were the 10 gigs I enjoyed most during the past year (all three Sigur Rós gigs I've been to this year should've been in the list, but I've decided to only mention one gig per artist):

1.Sigur Rós
2.Manic Street Preachers, Pukkelpop
3.Editors, AB
4.Babyshambles, AB
5.Travis, AB
6.Luka Bloom, Botanique
7.Infadels, Botanique
8.Radiohead, Werchter
9.Jamie Lidell, Botanique

10.Kings of Leon, Pukkelpop

These were my favourite songs of 2008 (in no particular order):

Blood Red Shoes – Say something, say anything
Bombay Bicycle Club – Evening/Morning
Coldplay – Viva la vida
Five O’Clock Heroes ft. Agyness Deyn – Who?
Goldfrapp – A&E
Glasvegas – Geraldine
Johnny Berlin - Four
The Kills – Hook and line
Kings of Leon – Sex on fire
MGMT – Kids
Oasis – The shock of the lightning
Oasis – I’m outta time
Port O’Brien – Close the lid
Red Light Company – With lights out
Santogold – L.E.S. Artistes
Sigur Rós – Fljótavik

The Sneakypeaks - A little bit red
Snow Patrol – Crack the shutters
The Verve – Love is noise
White Lies – Death

Wild Beasts – The devil’s crayon

3 comments:

  1. I've got so much to listen to now!!! Your lists are awesome!

    My hubby went to the werchter and saw the Radioheads as well. I remember he said he liked it the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goede lijst, Laura, ook al ken ik er niet heel veel van. Mijn favorieten die in je lijst staan zijn: Love is Noise, Sex on Fire, Viva La Vida en Kids!

    ReplyDelete