Monday 23 March 2009

Live forever

Belgian readers might have read about a 29-year-old boy in Ghent who didn't survive a motor accident this weekend. This boy is Pieter, a lovely person who happens to be my mate Peter's best friend and someone I luckily also had the chance to have known. Missing one turn with his motorbike killed him, which came as a shock to all of us.

I only got to know Pieter one year ago, yet he immediately made a strong impression on me as a person. He was there when I joined Peter and his gang to the Oasis concert in Lille, and when we strolled around Ghent afterwards to find us some big fat tasty pita. He was almost always there when I came over to the Make Up Club to party all night long, often behind the dj booth, together with Peter. And he was always sweet and cheerful, the kind of person everybody likes to have around. The reactions to his sudden death are very emotional, it's clear he was and is a very much loved person.

You will never be forgotten.

2 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete