2008 - the final interview
1. did you do anything you've never done before?
I started writing for two online music magazines, did my first interviews (the very first one was with Swedish singer Robyn), first visits to Paris/Lisbon/Amsterdam, discovered the Make Up Club (which is now my favourite place to go out), had my first serious relationship, first time I dated a non-Belgian guy.
2. did you keep any of your new years resolutions?
I didn't make any last year. Was a pretty good idea, although I decided to go for it again this year. (you can find them in one of the posts below)
3. did any of your friends become parents 2008?
Yes, Steven became father of his second beautiful daughter Hannelien.
4. did anyone close to you die?
5. what countries did you visit?
England, the Netherlands, Portugal, France, Germany.
6. is there anything you missed in 2008 that you want in 2009?
Not really, I've got all I need.
7. what dates from 2008 will you always remember?
I remember moments, not dates.
8. what's your biggest achievement in 2008?
My first steps in music journalism. :D And finishing my second bachelor year.
9. biggest mistake?
Trusting someone completely whom I should not have given so much trust in the first place. Starting things of which I know they won't work out anyway.
10. have you been ill?
Yes, but nothing terrible.
11. best buy?
My laquée shoes and my leather jacket, love them to bits.
12. what did you spend most money on?
Drinks, parties, music, trains, travels.
13. did anything make you genuinely happy?
The Sigur Rós gig at Pukkelpop, I was crying from happiness. And of course my time in London.
14. what songs will always remind you of 2008?
Goldfrapp - A&E
MGMT - Kids
Manic Street Preachers - A design for life
The Sneakypeeks - A little bit red
Oasis - Don't look back in anger (good times in Ghent)
Kings of Leon - Sex on fire
Red Light Company - With lights out
15. have you been happier or unhappier this year compared to previous years?
Both. But I'm prepared to live through all the unhappy times to experience those happier-than-ever moments.
16. what do you wish that you did more of?
Travelling. Making the right decisions.
17. what do you wish you did less of?
Making stupid decisions.
18. how did you spend christmas?
With my family, really cosy.
19. did you fell in love?
Oh yes I did.
20. how many one night stands?
Not really my thing. It's not like I never kiss random guys, but that's it then.
21. favourite TV show?
Six Feet Under, Monty Python, Top Chef, Skins.
22. do you hate someone now that you didn't hate in the end of 2007?
Hating is a strong word that I don't like to use, but I seriously dislike someone that I didn't at the end of 2007 (because I didn't know him yet). He hurt my best friend like hell and fuck him for that.
23. best book you read in 2008?
Brideshead Revisited, Evelyn Waugh.
24. the best new band you discovered?
25. something you wanted and got?
I saw a lot of artists perform that I'd been wanting to see live for a long long time (Babyshambles, Manic Street Preachers, Paul Weller...). And of course writing for the music websites.
26. something you wanted and didn't get?
27. the best film you watched?
Funny Games US, Elegy, Atonement.
28. what did you do on your birthday?
I went to a Chinese restaurant with my family.
29. is there anything that could have made your year any better?
Sure, but it's silly to nag about such thing.
30. how would you describe your style this year?
Lots of black, skinny jeans, leather jacket.
31. what made you feel good about yourself?
Writing for the music websites. Getting over my ex.
32. what celebrity did you fancy the most?
Carl Barât. Always. Also: Peter Sarsgaard, Ralph Fiennes, Cillian Murphy. As for the girlies, Kate Moss and Katy Perry.
33. who did you miss?
My friends in Leuven, I don't get to see them often enough.
34. the best people you met?
Jonathan, Peter, Ann-Sofi, the girls from Neon Enlightenment (I'm not sure whether I got to know them before or during 2008 but I love them anyway so they deserve to be mentioned!), Chris, Sylvie, Bart and many many more. Love you all!