Wednesday 1 October 2008

Bang bang, you're dead

Sad news got to me today. Dirty Pretty Things (Carl Barât post-Libertines band) have broken up. I never was as much into them as I was/am into The Libs, but nevertheless - I really liked them, especially the first album. Songs like 'Gin and Milk', 'You Fucking Love It' and 'The Enemy' will stay favourites of mine forever.

Then again, the second album was somewhat disappointing after that really great debut, and I like to be positive and think that the new projects the guys - and especially Carl - will get involved with, will raise their music again to its usual high level.

In their statement on the break-up, DPT have made clear that those new projects won't include a Libertines reunion, but I like to hope that 'no Libertines' doesn't necessarily mean 'no Pete Doherty'. Carl and Pete getting back together is my ultimate dream that I've never ever given up. This was pretty awesome news, for instance.

Anyway, before jumping to conclusions, I'd like to dedicate this post to Dirty Pretty Things and finish with some great music.




3 comments:

  1. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but I really couldn't care less. If anything, I'm pleased we won't have to suffer any more of their horrid music. I really didn't like this band, as you can probably tell. :D Carl's voice is just impossible to listen to, it has a very unpleasant sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the first album, I didn't like the second album, but I've always been a huuuge fan of Carl's voice. But it's your right to think differently. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ze geven een afscheidsconcert id MOD te Hasselt (seriously, konden ze het nog verder programmeren??)!
    Ik rouw er ook nt echt zo om, al hadden ze wel enkele goede liedjes.

    ReplyDelete