Tuesday 5 August 2008

People say that you'll die faster than without water

On Friday, me and Elke went to Roosdaal to visit Karolien who was at home, recovering from heart surgery. The operation she had to undergo was pretty serious, but fortunately it seems like she's recovering really well. The pain is getting better and she's already able to walk on her own again. Of course she's still getting tired really quickly (also due to the medication), but it's good to see how well she is progressing.

Afterwards, I went over to Elke's place for a splendid night with cocktails and pizza!


--> discovery of the evening: the Brazilian Night (wodka, coco, blue curacao)



--> I can't remember the name of this cocktail, but it was a mix of mint and coco (nothing too special, I just liked the colour)




--> my beloved wodka

--> my not so beloved wodka (just kidding)

--> a cocktail called Mimi (amaretto, rum, coco)

--> Magic Daddy (my dad's legendary invention, nowadays basic knowledge for all of my friends) with pisang, amaretto and orange juice



At the bottom of our last cocktails Elke dug up her laptop, so we could stay up chatting to the beautiful tunes of Arcade Fire's 'Funeral'. I love summer nights.

Before going to sleep, we watched Twin Peaks for the first time in our lives. It was just a random episode, so we didn't understand much of the story, but we had a great time. I loved the theme song, for a start. Jim was texting me at that time, and when I was telling him about Twin Peaks, he was getting all excited ('James is the one with the bike, right?' 'He has a cool name.' 'You didn't see a bike yet? Sorry for keeping your hopes up!').

No comments:

Post a Comment