Tuesday 16 September 2008

Mamma Mia!

A weak storyline (girl is going to marry, doesn't know her father and invites her - based on her mother's diary - three possible dads to the wedding, leads to happy endings all over the place) and very little professional singing (except for the lovely Amanda Seyfried) didn't keep me from having a great time watching "Mamma Mia!", the cinematic version of the celebrated ABBA musical.
The film is feel good cinema pur sang, Colin Firth is great in his part, and how could I not enjoy a movie full of ABBA songs? You might consider it a guilty pleasure, but I feel no shame. I've been loving their music since I was a little girl and it was hard for me not to start singing along to their many hits during 'Mamma Mia!'.
However, be warned: Pierce Brosnan is possibly the worst singer alive. His version of 'I do, I do, I do, I do, I do' is already legendary, but not exactly for the right reasons.

Some bits from the film,



1 comment:

  1. Haha I loved it too. :D It was the only film my friend and I sort of wanted to see and it turned out a lot better than I'd anticipated. I honestly hardly knew any ABBA songs before I saw this, but now I'm a full-fledged ABBA admirer. :D

    ReplyDelete