Thursday 25 September 2008

Later...with Jools Holland

I've been a fan of the BBC music show 'Later...with Jools Holland' for years and years, so it's always a happy moment for me when a new season has arrived.

Last week, the first episode of series 33 aired and it could definitely be called a good one. The artists playing were Metallica, Kings of Leon, Carla Bruni, VV Brown, Nicole Atkins and Sway - like always a nicely variated line-up.

Top act for me was Kings of Leon (oh, how I adooore their new single 'Sex on Fire'), but the other artists were all worth watching as well.

For instance - I had never heard of VV Brown, but she turned out to be a superb singer from London who's able to bring us back decades in time with her - like she describes it herself - 'do wop indie'.

Some of the performances on YouTube:

Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire



VV Brown - Crying Blood



Nicole Atkins - Maybe Tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment