Saturday 3 October 2009

I don't see myself when I look into your eyes - thank god for that

The gig season is back on. It took me a while to get out of the festival atmosphere, but now indoor gigs feel right again. I went to see Explosions In The Sky earlier this month, but last week felt like the real start of the new gig season. First up were Reverend And The Makers (Botanique) and Starsailor (AB), and neither of them dissapointed.

Reverend And The Makers were catchy, energetic and bold in a way a rock band should be. Singer Jon McClure seemed to quite impressed by the Belgian audience (something that doesn't happen too often) and took us outside ("You, me, outside!") to play some more acoustic tunes (including The Beatles' 'Revolution') in the beautiful Botanique gardens. Was an awesome night, good music and a lot of friends around.

Starsailor was pretty amazing as well. They sound a lot live like they do on their albums, which is usually a thing I don't like that much, because you go to gigs to get something slightly different from what you already have on a compact disc. I didn't mind it with Starsailor though, because James Walsh seemed so passionated whilst singing. It's hard to believe that a band with so much love for what they do is going to split (at least for a while).

No comments:

Post a Comment