Tuesday 21 July 2009

Côte d'Azur day 3-4

Day 3: before getting back on the road to drive to our main holiday residence in Roquebrune sur Argens, we spent the morning in Nice.

The famous Negresco hotel.



The tropical view through my hotel window. Almost like I was in a Bounty commercial!
Then we took off, drove to Roquebrune sur Argens and settled us in our little villa that would be our home for the next week. In the evening, we made a walk and a ride through town to explore our new surroundings.

This is the Roquebrune mountain, where the town is named after (Roquebrune sur Argens = Roquebrune on Argens). It was a stunning sight, as well by night as by day (as we would find out the day after).
Day 4:
The Roquebrune by day. When I was taking this picture, an old local came over to me and told me a story about this mountain. His French was a very special dialect so I didn't understand the entire story, but what he was mainly trying to tell me was that legend has it that this mountain is actually the silhouette of a sleeping woman.
Saint-Raphael was a coastal commune not so far from where we were staying. It wasn't too impressive, but I did like the colourful harbor.


And we had the best pancakes ever.
In the evening, we payed a short visit to Fréjus, another town in the neighbourhood.
To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment