Saturday 26 June 2010

You see colours

I finished what are hopefully my last exams ever a couple of days ago. Haven't got all of my results yet, but I think I did quite well. What I do already know is that I've got a fine result for my master paper, yeey!
A few days before my last exam, I went for drinks in Brussels with Elke. Long-time readers might've noticed that Elke, who used to be one of the main characters in my 'stories' , has been out of the picture for quite a while. As a matter of fact, our friendship has gone through a tough time for a while. Things started to go wrong at the beginning of last year, during summer time we found the courage to talk again for the first time, a couple of months later we went for a friendly but rather uncomfortable drink. To be honest, I was a bit worried we could never go back anymore to what we once had. We both wanted to make it feel good again, but it was just plain awkward.
Strangely enough, not seeing each other for another couple of months seemed to change everything. When we met up again last week, I didn't feel any pressure at all. I just wanted to see her and have a good time with her. And this time, it actually worked out the way we wanted it to, probably because just because we didn't try as hard as last time. We've planned to spend a lot of time together this summer, and that prospect makes me as happy as a little child going to Disneyland. I'm so glad I didn't give up on this friendship just yet.






















No comments:

Post a Comment